1. Discuss the impact of advances in technology on the marketing communications mix over the next 10 years.
2. Using examples, compare & contrast advertising media selection and general levels of media spend for industrial and consumer goods.
3. Critically compare and contrast the differences between Industrial Marketing and Consumer Marketing. Give examples of both Industrial and Consumer Marketing. Comment.
4. Critically evaluate the elements for establishing a distinctive brand identity. Illustrate your answer with suitable examples.
5. Critically evaluate the role of e-marketing in the modern business environment.
6. Compare the marketing of consumer durables and FMCG. Give examples.
7. What role does sponsorship play in boosting the sales of a company. Give examples with reference to sponsorship of DSF.
8. Explain the role of advertising in UAE market with reference to social and cultural context. Give examples
9. "The new market trend is towards branding gold jewelry". Discuss this statement in context of marketing of gold ornaments in UAE.
10. Discuss the marketing strategies adopted in promoting tourism in GCC countries.
11. "Emotions in advertising influence consumer buying ". Critically evaluate the above statement
12. Discuss the various stages of new product development with a real life example of your choice.
13. Discuss the significance of sponsorship with reference to any one company sponsoring the ICC World Cup 2003
14. Evaluate the advantages and constraints in building a brand. Give examples
15. Discuss the role of IT in the marketing of goods and services.
16. Explain the opportunities of cell phones as a medium of marketing communications. Discuss
17. Explain the significance of branding and analyze why a good brand has more depth than a poor brand.
18. Discuss the elements of a communication strategy, indicating the function of each element
19. "Only those organisation can succeed in the modern world, which adopt an integrated marketing communications approach" Discuss the above statement with examples supporting your view.
20. Assume that you are the marketing manager of a hypermarket. In order to take advantage of marketing opportunities your company needs to have a sound understanding of it's internal capabilities and of the marketing environment in which it operates. You have been given the task of preparing a document for the board, which identifies the elements of the marketing environment that your company needs to understand and explain why each is of importance.
21. "Public relations are only necessary when our company has blundered" Discuss
22. Is direct marketing the likely method of future communications strategy. Discuss
23. What is meant by price competition & non-price competition. Discuss how price competition can help achieve competitive advantage.
24. Discuss the various functions of packaging with the help of an example of your choice.
25. Discuss how environmental, organisational, interpersonal & individual factors affect organisational purchases? Give examples.
26. How do industry profits change as a product moves through the four stages of it's life-cycle.
27. Assume that a company is planning to promote a health drink to both adults and children. Along what major dimensions would these two promotional efforts have to be different?
28. How should an organisation handle negative publicity? Identify a recent example of a firm that received negative publicity. Did the firm deal with it effectively.
29. How does a salesperson find and evaluate prospects? Do you find any of these methods ethically questionable?
30. How does a sales manager, who can't be with each salesperson in the field on a daily basis, control the performance of sales personnel?
31. Why do you think most firms are diversifying?
32. What are the major considerations in developing the product portfolio grid. Define and explain, with example, the four basic categories suggested by the Boston Consulting Group.
33. Identify the major components of strategic market planning and explain how they are interrelated.
34. What is a SWOT analysis? Explain, with examples, how it leads to an understanding of realistic market opportunities?
35. Why would a company use a marketing audit?
36. Why would a business-to-business marketer spend resources on advertising aimed at stimulating consumer demand? Discuss with examples
37. Discuss the growth of hypermarkets in UAE and its influence on buying patterns among expatriates and locals.
38. Why do organizational marketers rely on personal selling more than FMCG marketers?
39. The UAE market is flooded with promotion sales. Critically analyze the causes.
40. Brand consciousness is high only for high income group consumers. Comment.
41. Differentiate the marketing strategies between used-car dealers and new car dealers
42. The real estate market is a sellers market and not a buyers market, and therefore requires no marketing strategies. Comment
43. Identify the marketing strategies of package tour operators in UAE, with special reference to domestic tour operators.
44. Compare the customer relationship marketing strategies used between any two industries in the UAE.
45. Discuss the marketing strategies adopted by educational institutions in the UAE.
46. Write a note on the scope of online purchasing in UAE.
47. Write a note on government projects like Knowledge Village as a promotion tool for attracting investment.
48. Write a note on government projects like Dubai Internet City as a promotion tool for attracting investment.
49. Write a note on government projects like Dubai Media City as a promotion tool for attracting investment.
50. Write a note on government exhibitions like GITEX as a promotion tool for attracting investment.
51. Discuss the marketing strategies of Emirates Airlines
52. Discuss the marketing strategies of Dubai Duty Free
53. “Dubai – the city that cares” is a slogan used by the government. What positioning strategy is the government aiming at?
54. Advertising on and in buses and taxis is an effective tool of promotion. Comment.
55. Customer delight is the ultimate target of a marketer. Explain how it can be achieved in an educational institution.
56. Pricing is the most important strategy of all the Ps used in marketing. Comment
57. Compare the marketing strategies of any two hospitals in the UAE.
58. Using examples, discuss the role of marketing in the insurance sector.
59. Suggest ways in which a car manufacturer could add to his product offering to provide a more attractive total product.
60. What is the total product offered by McDonald’s hamburgers? How does this give them an advantage over their competitors.?
For sample/practice questions and detailed study material click here Marketing Management Notes